- Read chapter 27: “A new friend and an old one” from The Burgess bird book for children.
- Read & discuss pages 127-130 in Handbook of Nature Study
- Print out photos of cardinals (male and female) and talk about their characteristics
- Using photo as a guide color the notebook page on Cardinals to resemble the photo.
- Practice writing Cardinal in upper and lower case.
- Listen to cardinal sounds.
- Cut out photo of cardinal and glue to the back of notebooking page. Add to Nature Study notebook.
Handbook of Nature Study
Burgess bird book for children
The best nest
Photo of male cardinal
Photo of female cardinal
Notebooking Pages: North American Birds