- Read chapter 27: “A new friend and an old one” from The Burgess bird book for children.
- Read & discuss pages 127-130 in Handbook of Nature Study
- Print out photos of cardinals (male and female) and talk about their characteristics
- Using photo as a guide color the notebook page on Cardinals to resemble the photo.
- Practice writing Cardinal in upper and lower case.
- Listen to cardinal sounds.
- Cut out photo of cardinal and glue to the back of notebooking page. Add to Nature Study notebook.